- (Used in Herbal Medicine as a bulk-forming laxative.
- (Used in Herbal Medicine to) promote(s) bowel movements by increasing bulk volume and water content.
- (Used in Herbal Medicine to) provide(s) gentle relief of constipation and/or irregularity.
Medicinal Ingredient (per daily serving)
- Psyllium Husk Powder (Plantago ovata)… 8,000 mg(2 teaspoons)
- Adults and adolescents 13 and over: 2 teaspoons (8,000mg) 1 time per day after dinner.
- Effects observed 12-24 hours after first dose, and may take 2-3 days. For each gram of psyllium, mix with 30 ml of liquid (water, milk, fruit juice or similar aqueous beverage). Stir briskly and drink immediately. Maintain adequate fluid intake. Take 2 hours before or after taking other medications.