This creamy pasta primavera combines tender pasta with a medley of sautéed vegetables, garlic, and a luscious vegetarian cream sauce. It's a delightful and satisfying dish that will surely become a family favorite. Below, you'll find the estimated calorie and protein content per serving.
For the Pasta and Veggies:
8 oz (about 2 cups) whole wheat or gluten-free pasta of your choice
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup sliced bell peppers (use a mix of red, yellow, and green for color)
1 cup sliced zucchini
1 cup sliced mushrooms
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
For the Vegetarian Cream Sauce:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk or vegetable broth
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional, for extra flavor)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional, for thickening)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the Pasta:
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Sauté the Veggies:
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, sliced bell peppers, sliced zucchini, and sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until the veggies are tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Prepare the Vegetarian Cream Sauce:
- In a separate saucepan, whisk together the almond milk (or vegetable broth), Greek yogurt, grated Parmesan cheese (or vegan Parmesan), nutritional yeast (if using), and olive oil.
- If you want a thicker sauce, whisk in the cornstarch as well.
- Heat the sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens and becomes creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Combine Pasta and Veggies:
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with sautéed veggies.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the pasta and veggies, stirring gently to coat everything evenly.
5. Serve and Enjoy:
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Divide into servings, and enjoy your creamy pasta primavera!
- Calorie and Protein Content (Per Serving):
Estimated Calories and Protein per serving:
- Approximately 350-400 calories (depending on portion size)
- Approximately 12-15 grams of protein (varies based on portion size and brands of ingredients used)
This creamy pasta primavera offers a balance of satisfying flavors, textures, and protein content, making it a delightful and nutritious meal. Enjoy this savory dish as a comforting dinner option.